There's not much I enjoy more than helping knitters figure out what to make with Ewe Ewe yarn. We all love yarn and knitting that yarn but sometimes we need a little inspiration about what to knit and in which colors.
I'm here to help!
Last week I got an email after my Socks on Saturday post that said, "How about Slippers on Saturday? Getting closer to Christmas; quickie slippers...ya know, gift worthy items."
You got it, Mardi! Here's some Slippers on Saturday!
Modern Mocs – Bulky Slippers Knitting Pattern
Meet the Modern Mocs slipper knitting pattern designed by Bekah Knits. These cozy slip-on booties feature a stylish high cuff that adds even more warmth.
Modern Mocs have a thick, double-knit sole and even boast a seamless construction. The pattern is very well written and features lots of tips and tricks about to make these slippers including detailed photos throughout!
Can you tell I'm ready to cast on a pair RIGHT NOW?!
How much yarn do I need to make the Modern Mocs?
The Modern Mocs are available in five adult sizes ranging from Women's 5-6 to Men's 11-12!
Modern Mocs Sizes: S (M, L, XL, XXL) to fit foot length:
8.75 (9.5, 10, 10.75, 11.5) inches
Approximate US shoe sizes: W 5-6 (W 7-8, W 9-10, W11/M 9-10.5, M 11-12.5)
Modern Mocs yarn quantities based on size:
Ewe Ewe Baa Baa Bulky Yarn:
- C1 (Upper color): 2 (2, 2, 2, 2) skeins
- C2 (Sole color): 1 (1, 1, 1, 1) skein
US 6 (4 mm) straight (optional); US 6 (4 mm) circular (47” / 120 cm); US 6 (4 mm) DPN’s (2); Crochet hook (size H)
(NOTE: The Magic Loop Method is recommended for this pattern.)
What colors can I use to make slippers?
I pulled together six color combinations that I think would work well and I'm sure there are 100 more, too! I chose a light or bright color for the slipper tops and a dark or neutral color for the slipper sole.
1. Vanilla + Charcoal
Similar to the original design, Baa Baa Bulky colors Vanilla and Charcoal would look great and be a classic color way any one would love to receive!
- Get 2 balls of 90 Vanilla and 1 ball of 98 Charcoal Baa Baa Bulky yarn >
2. Cotton Candy + Forest Fern
Sweet pink pairs with a dark evergreen to make a stunning color combination that's perfect for the girly nature lover in your life!
- Get 2 balls of 05 Cotton Candy and 1 ball of 53 Forest Fern Baa Baa Bulky yarn >
3. Berry + Red Velvet
Want a punch of color? Go for this bright pink and dark red combo!
- Get 2 balls of 10 Berry and 1 ball of 23 Red Velvet Baa Baa Bulky yarn >
4. Aquamarine + Teal
Coming in cool as a cucumber is this light aqua and dark greenish color. I love how this Aquamarine brightens up the deeper Teal.
- Get 2 balls of 70 Aquamarine and 1 ball of 60 Teal Baa Baa Bulky yarn >
5. Citrus Pop + Indigo
Add some pizzaz to your house slippers with a really fun shade of highlighter yellow! Bright citrus combines with our deep indigo purple to make a fun combination.
- Get 2 balls of 43 Citrus Pop and 1 ball of 80 Indigo Baa Baa Bulky yarn >
6. Sky Blue + Wheat
Cool and calming, this combination of light blue and camel is lovely and classic. Great for any lucky recipient!
- Get 2 balls of 75 Sky Blue and 1 ball of 92 Wheat Baa Baa Bulky yarn >
Where do I find the links to make the Modern Mocs with Baa Baa Bulky yarn?
- Purchase Pattern: Modern Mocs by Bekah Knits on Ravelry.
- Purchase Yarn: Baa Baa Bulky washable merino yarn on this website.
- Knit the first slipper.
- Knit the second slipper.
- Give a great holiday gift this year!