Knitting with light pink yarn can be pretty and sophisticated when you choose the right color combinations. Think polished modern instead of baby sweet.
I pulled together 10 great color combinations for using Ewe Ewe's Cotton Candy color way and they range from rich and earthy to bright and bold.
I added them here in rainbow order from Red Velvet through oranges, greens and finally two beautiful neutrals.
Along the way you'll find hat knitting patterns, a knitting pattern and a crochet pattern for scarves plus a cozy pair of socks!
Please note: these patterns feature various weights of yarn from sport to worsted and even bulky.
Be sure to check out the first project for a free crochet pattern!
What Colors Pair with Light Pink Yarn?
1. Light Pink + Dark Red
Staying in the same color family is always a sure bet on creating a winning color combination for your project. Here we paired a maroon with light pink creating a bold contrast but winning effect!
Crochet shell stitches ripple back and forth with two colors of sport weight yarn. The Don't Be Shellfish cowl is a cozy neck warmer that whips up in just a few hours!
- Get the Pattern: Don't Be Shellfish FREE crochet neck scarf pattern.
- Get the Yarn: Ewe Ewe Yarns Ewe So Sporty merino wool yarn; 1 ball of 2 colors – shown in 05 Cotton Candy and 23 Red Velvet.
2. Light Pink + Orange
Knitting with two colors that are neighbors on the color wheel is perfect for stripes. Our super-saturated orange is perfectly paired with a pastel pink!
Fresh Squeezed baby sweater is a top-down raglan pullover with a seamless design.
- Get the Pattern: Fresh Squeezed top-down raglan baby sweater knitting pattern.
- Get the Yarn: Ewe Ewe Yarns Ewe So Sporty superwash merino wool yarn – 05 Cotton Candy and 25 Orange Peel.
3. Light Pink + Gold
If you dream about rose gold for a moment you'll see a pinkish tone with hinds of rich yellows. And if you love rose gold then you'll love the pairing of those those two colors as stripes! Knit a golden yarn with a soft pink for a shining combo.
Nectar Scarf is fun to knit with its multi-size stripes that go at an angle!
- Get the Pattern: Nectar Scarf bias stripe knitting pattern.
- Get the Yarn: Ewe Ewe Yarns Ewe So Sporty; 1 ball of 3 colors – 05 Cotton Candy, 30 Saffron and 97 Brushed Silver.
4. Light Pink + Light Green
Heading back to our color wheel, we know that red and green are opposites across the circle. Think Christmastime with red ribbons adorning rich green pine branches. Let's lighten up red to pink and evergreen to light green and that's why this combo is a true winner!
Sweet Dreaminess baby sweater is knit from the top down in the round. This sweater is fast to make and washable if knit in Ewe Ewe's Baa Baa Bulky yarn.
- Get the Pattern: Sweet Dreaminess knitting pattern.
- Get the Yarn: Ewe Ewe Baa Baa Bulky washable merino wool; 1 ball of 2 colors – 05 Cotton Candy and 45 Soft Sage.
5. Light Pink + Bright Green
Here's another example of those "across the color wheel" colors. This time the green is rich and full of grassy saturation giving this baby hat a bit more punch!
The Family of Hats knitting pattern has a size for everyone with the stripes different sized stripes change from the cuff color to the crown color. Fun!
- Get the Pattern: Family of Hats knitting pattern
- Get the Yarn: Ewe Ewe Wooly Worsted washable yarn; 1 ball of 2 colors.
6. Light Pink + Teal
Pink loves green, I think we've established that! Here our cotton candy hero falls in love with rich, earthy teal for an award winning color combination.
The Pop Rox beanie knitting pattern is a fun-to-knit slouch hat with two colors of bobbles and enough yarn for a big pom pom on top!
- Get the Pattern: Pop Rox bobble beanie hat knitting pattern
- Get the Yarn: Ewe Ewe Yarns Ewe So Sporty; 1 ball of 3 colors – 05 Cotton Candy, 60 Teal and 90 Vanilla.
7. Light Pink + Tons of Colors!
Are we convinced that light pink pairs with practically everything?! Lighten, brighten, mix it in to make your dream color combo like in this scarf!
Mile of Smile is a generous crochet scarf pattern that starts in the middle with a half-granny square design.
- Get the Pattern: Mile of Smile crochet granny square scarf pattern with fringe.
- Get the Yarn: Ewe Ewe Wooly Worsted yarn or mix and match with Heather's Heathers for a softer tone; 1 ball of 6 colors – 05 Cotton Candy, 10 Berry, 25 Orange Peel, 60 Teal, 70 Aquamarine and 90 Vanilla.
8. Light Pink + Tan
When a color is "tinted" it means there's been white added making it lighter, so that makes pink a tint of red. Pairing two tints together is a wonderful match-up like with this soft tan.
One of our best-selling patterns, the Easy As ABC baby sweater is knit in one piece from the collar to the hem.
- Get the Pattern: Easy As ABC top-down raglan baby sweater knitting pattern.
- Get the Yarn: Ewe Ewe Wooly Worsted yarn or mix and match with Heather's Heathers for a softer tone; 2-3 balls of the main color, 1-2 balls of the contrasting color – 05 Cotton Candy and 92 Wheat.
9. Light Pink + Dark Brown
Who doesn't love chocolate? Blending a deep shade of brown with such a light pink is easy if there's a color family! We created a beautiful blend thanks to the colors here at Ewe Ewe Yarns. Everything is meant to work together and it does!
Simple color work knitting adds a harlequin pattern to the Shade Shifter beanie. This hat is fast and addicting to knit!
- Get the Pattern: Shade Shifter worsted weight beanie pattern
- Get the Yarn: Ewe Ewe Wooly Worsted yarn or mix and match with Heather's Heathers for a softer tone; 1 ball of 5 colors – 05 Cotton Candy, 10 Berry, 20 Red Poppy, 23 Red Velvet and 95 Chocolate.
10. Light Pink + Light Gray
Adding a neutral like gray is the perfect way to highlight nearly any color of the rainbow and our light pink is no exception!
The Serenity Slouch Socks knit up into a mismatch pair with contrasting colors on the toes, heels and cuffs.
- Get the Pattern: Serenity Slouch Socks sport-weight textured knitting pattern.
- Get the Yarn: Ewe Ewe Yarns Ewe So Sporty washable merino yarn; 1 ball of 2 colors – 05 Cotton Candy and 97 Brushed Silver.
Get the Yarn!
All Ewe Ewe Yarns come in this beautiful shade of light pink. Knit with your favorite weight of yarn from fingering to bulky!
Thanks for stopping by today and reading about our perfect palette of colorful yarns!
I hope you'll make one of these color knitting projects.